Farmer and Landowner events and funding
Connecting the Culm has funds available from now until Spring 2022 to install Nature-Based Solutions on farms in the Culm Valley.
We have 2 events coming up where you can find out more about the funding available and join in a conversation about how to make the Culm landscape more resilient, reducing the risk of flooding downstream during heavy rain and helping retain water in times of drought.
Tuesday 8 June 11am – 2pm- site visit on land near Clayhidon where nature-based solutions are being carried out, with lunch provided.
Wednesday 9 June – online at 7pm
To attend either or both events please email: email@example.com
Funding is available for operations including:
- Relieving soil compaction and restoring soil structure to reduce run-off
- Installing ‘leaky dams’ to slow flow on watercourses
- Tree planting on floodplain and other land
- Reconnecting channels and retention ponds on floodplains
- Creating buffer strips and new hedgerows to slow water flow off the land
- Creating earth bunds to hold water back
- Restoring bogs, mires and wetlands to help store water