Connecting the Culm Forum #6
14 March @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm| Free
Nature Recovery is a big topic in 2024 as, across England, statutory Local Nature Recovery Strategies are being developed for the first time. With a range of fascinating speakers we’ll explore what this means for the River Culm including:
- Why does the Culm flood and what can we do with all the water? – Julian Payne, Geomorphologist, Environment Agency
- What role could beavers play in a new future for the Culm? – Matt Holden, Beaver Project Lead, Devon Wildlife Trust
- Crayfish of the Culm and plans for their rescue – James Maben
- The Culm at Killerton: how nature is making a comeback – the National Trust
- Water Quality in the Culm – citizen science driving change – Richard Horrocks and Tim Burt, Riverfly and CSI volunteers
- How we are seeking nature recovery opportunities on the ground with the help of the Environment Agency, Network Rail, South West Water, National Highways, Mid Devon District Council and others, in partnership with local landowners and occupiers.
Once again the event is at the welcoming venue of the Cullompton Community Centre with complimentary wine and cheese included in your free ticket. Register on Eventbrite to be sure of a place!